In the same way that a motor car requires periodic servicing to keep running smoothly, an organisation's IT services and systems requires regular maintenance to ensure continuity of service.
Activities associated with ICT maintenance will vary from organisation to organisation but often include:
- Application of software updates, security patches and firmware updates
- Review of system & security logs
- Periodic testing of backup and recovery systems
- Capacity & performance monitoring
- Maintenance of anti-virus and anti-spam systems
If ICT maintenance tasks are not performed on a regular basis then an organisation may not be aware of impending problems until it is too late and services are interrupted.
The experience gained through repeatedly delivering and maintaining ICT systems allows Openet to develop and carry out appropriate scheduled maintenance processes to ensure ongoing service availability.
For further information on our ICT scheduled maintenance offerings please contact Openet.