Openet respects and protects your privacy in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principals under the Privacy Act 1988.
This policy explains the types of personal information we collect, how we collect it and how we use it. It also explains how you can access the personal information we hold about you and how you can change that information. Finally this policy describes how you can make a privacy complaint.
Types of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information including your:
- email, office & postal addresses
- telephone numbers
- details of your occupation, job titles and previous employment
- relationships to other people or organisations
- social media accounts
- any other information you provide to us by any means
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information from or about you when:
- you use our services
- you complete a registration form
- communicate with us by email
- you provide us with you business card
- you connect with us on social media
- you meet with us face-to-face
- we receive a referral from other people or organisations
- you make your information available on public information sources
In addition to cookies and web server logs, Openet may use various analytic services such as Google Analytics and LinkedIn statistics to monitor the effectiveness of our marketing activities and understand the interests of community. Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the efficiency and usability of our website and social media accounts.
How we use your personal information
Openet may collect and hold personal information that is necessary for us to provide our services, develop and promote our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Openet may use and disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected, for reasonably expected secondary purposes which are related to the primary purpose and in any other circumstances authorised by the Privacy Act.
In general, we will use and disclose your personal information to:
- conduct our business
- provide and market our services
- communicate with you
- purchase from you
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- help us manage and improve our services
- achieve any purpose for which the information was provided
- fulfill any other purpose related to any of the above
How you can access your personal information
You can ask to see the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. Please note that we will not disclose any personal information to you without verifying your identity. If we cannot verify your identity we will not provide you with any personal information.
Please note that we may ask that you pay our reasonable costs for complying with your request.
How you can change your personal information
Openet tries to keep the personal information we hold about you up to date. If you would like to update or correct the personal information we hold about you please contact us.
Making a privacy complaint
We will endeavor to contact you within 24 hours to acknowledge receipt of your complaint and will then provide a full response to your complaint within 7 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further.